Here, in gorgeous Salt Lake City, Utah, we’re fortunate enough to experience all the fair seasons our state has to offer. From a soothing spring to a wistful winter, there’s a special feeling that accompanies every season. As the bright, flaming colors of fall start to drift to the ground, we begin to anticipate the snowfall to come. At Lake Effect, we take our vibes seriously. As such, we love to match our seasonal moods with the cocktail in hand. Thankfully, we’ve made a drink that matches this quick seasonal shift. Fall, with its swift visit and departure, deserves a proper cocktail sendoff. So grab your glass and raise it high. Let’s toast farewell to our dear fall friend with the Falls Well That Ends Well.
This original handcrafted cocktail from Lake Effect is one for the ages. An ode to the best parts of fall—even the basic ones— and just like the season itself, it’s crisp and cozy going down. The vodka base keeps it classic, while hints of vanilla, pumpkin, and allspice complement the drink’s chilly edge. So what makes up this Lake Effect cocktail?
- Wheatley Vodka. The perfect base for any well-rounded cocktail, this small-batch distilled vodka from Buffalo Trace Distillery is truly one of a kind. With its unique wheat recipe, this vodka holds a delicate balance of a classic crisp taste with a hint of soft vanilla. The notes aren’t overpowering, yet neither is the taste of straight alcohol, making it the ideal choice for pairing with the flavors of allspice and pumpkin.
- St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. Oh, fall. The familiar scents and flavors can be conjured up by one perfect fall memory. Of course, that memory might be tasting St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram for the first time. With hints of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of pepper, this versatile dram warms the palette. With just enough sweet and spice, it packs a punch without coming across as too bitter or sickly sweet.
- Pumpkin Horchata. Love the taste of horchata? Love the flavor of pumpkin? You’re in luck. This flavorful liqueur is an autumnal sensation. Let’s just add pumpkin to everything. ‘Tis the season, after all.
- Vanilla. What can we say? Vanilla is an essential component of this drink. We’re not talking about the overly sweet, sugary vanilla. We’d rather the sharp and warm vanilla that elevates a cocktail rather than take away from it.
- Coco Lopez. Here at Lake Effect, we like to take traditional flavors to the next level. Although it might seem out of place to put such a tropical twist on a fall-inspired drink, Coco Lopez is the creamy delight you didn’t know you needed outside of a Colada. If you didn’t think this drink could get any cozier, Coco Lopez is here to prove you wrong.
- Pumpkin Bitters. Nothing says “classic cocktail” like the additive of bitters. Taste the pumpkin patch and the sweet touch of cardamom, cinnamon, and cacao.
Pumpkin spice and everything nice, this cocktail is a fall loving frenzy to be happily consumed on a chilly night or paired with a tasty food treat. Whether you’re dropping in for a quick drink and bite to eat, or staying a while for some Lake Effect entertainment, we’ve got you covered. Pair the Falls Well That Ends Well with anything from our dinner menu, or if you’re feeling extra indulgent, pair it with our warmed Caramel Apple Hand Pies. Not hungry? Come for the handcrafted cocktails and stay for a show, with an event every night, we’re sure to have some nightlife that’ll fit your fancy.