Groundhog’s day has come and gone, and although we still don’t believe that Punxsutawney Phil is a trustworthy weather predictor, we’re happy to celebrate the ever-present winter or coming spring with a boozy treat. For the month of February, let’s take a look at the new classic: Snowdrift Sangria. More than a punch and simple glass of wine, sangria is a glass of fruity goodness we all desire. Sweet, spicy, and tangy, this glass can even get us through the rest of winter without a hitch. Of course, if our bartenders didn’t put a spin on this Spanish classic, we wouldn’t be talking about a Lake Effect cocktail. So, whether or not the valley sees another snowdrift before we make the turn for spring or not, you can still get sauced on our Snowdrift Sangria.
- Boulard Calvados. Why combine the finest fruit flavor with a hardy spirit? Why not? That’s why the base of the Snowdrift is the ever celebrated, premium blend of Calvados. This apple-based spirit is both fragrant and flavorful and brings the perfect balance to this special cocktail.
- Lairds Apple Brandy. We love a good apple brandy, and that’s why Lairds Apple Brandy is present in quite a few of our fruitier flavored drinks. This applejack brandy is has a legendary taste that brings about the comfort of warm apple pie, without being overly sweet. This brandy has a kick, and in the Snowdrift, it packs a punch.
- Pinot Grigio. A Sangria wouldn’t be complete without great wine. We use a classic pinot grigio to add a touch of fruity taste and floral aroma. As many of the elements in this drink hint toward sweetness, we’ve gone with a dry “crisp” wine to give this drink a full range.
- Pear Nectar. The staple of many delicious winter-appropriate drinks is the additive of pear nectar. It’s like biting into a thick and juicy pear without the mess.
- Lime. Of course, you’ve got to have a little sour to your sweet. With just a touch of lime, we bring a little zest to your tastebuds.
- Cinnamon Bark. Sweet, spicy, and rich, a bit of cinnamon bark takes our handcrafted cocktails to a whole new level.
- Sage. A staple in many old school cocktail recipes, sage brings a sharp aromatic potency that takes hold of your tastebuds. With it’s strong and distinct flavor, this piney herb has a twist of chill eucalyptus and crisp citrus.
Want to grab a bite to eat while you’re sipping on your sangria? We suggest our Fried Avocado and Black Bean Tacos for a light meal, or a BBQ plate if you’re feeling a hardier meal. Whether you’re coming in to warm up from a cold winter’s day, or celebrating a warmer one, we’re happy to be your one-stop-shop for dinner and drinks in Salt Lake City.